increase in new website traffic
increase on pre-pandemic website traffic
increase in first time visitors to museum
The Museum of Freemasonry
The Museum of Freemasonry came to Kallaway for media planning and buying to raise awareness of the museum and increase footfall, with a focus on increasing first time visitors. This followed a period of redevelopment by the museum to better tell the stories of Freemasonry and provide a destination for the curious minded and those willing to wander off the traditional culture trail.
The museum’s target audience focus was on Morris Hargreaves McIntyre Culture Segments of Stimulation and Expression.
Our Smart Imagination solution
When people think of Freemasonry it is often clouded by preconception. We used this obstacle to our advantage via our strategy of 'Look Closer' peaking interest and enticing the audience to learn more. We identified that the Stimulation and Expression culture segments would be best influenced via a combination of podcast advertising, digital display and hyperlocal mobile targeting.
- Podcast advertising: Geo-tarting listeners in London and Southeast with 30 second adverts running in popular history and culture orientated podcasts
- Digital display: Deomographic targeting on sites frequented by the target audience and contextual targeting, ensuring the ads appeared on relevant sites in real-time at the actual point of the site being read in standard ad sizes across desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Hyperlocal Mobile Targeting (HMT): We influenced the target audiences in Covent Garden by serving them with full page adverts on thier mobile phones when they entered locations we had geo-fenced for the advertising to run. These included key decision making points for visitor to the area, such as local tube stations, restaurants and attractions. This highly effective targeting is covered in depth here.
As a direct result of our campaign:
- 88% of all website traffic was new – a 121% increase on pre-pandemic website visitor numbers.
- The museum enjoyed a 66% increase in first time visitors
Find out what we can do for you
Contact Rupert Bean, Media Director, on Rupert.Bean@kallaway.com